Friday, January 8, 2010

LAUNCH MY LINE EPISODE 5 RECAP

Let me start this entry by saying how extremely nervous I was as I watched the events of last night's episode of "Launch My Line" unfold... like never before! Even though I already knew the outcome, I couldn't help the little butterflies from flying around like crazy in my stomach.

I am so thrilled and overjoyed with Eric and I's win last night - YEY! I am ecstatic that I let Eric take the lead on this project and shine by standing on his own two very talented feet, and although I was "petrified" of the fabric, our dress turned out to be killer. I love what a great team we make, supporting one another and letting the good energy flow between us. 

I still don't get why Merle has it out for me, considering I try to be such a positive person and never dwell or focus on the negative. Since she won last week's challenge, she had the task of choosing which pair of sunglasses would inspire each team, as the challenge this week was inspired by sunnies. She specifically said that she gave Eric and I the "ugliest" glasses, which ironically worked to our advantage. We created a beautiful garment that the judges loved! So it seems as though we had the last laugh :)

Meeting the brilliant Ms. Lady Gaga this week was a true highlight. I love how she is always pushing the envelope, and making people reconsider their existing notions of fashion. My daughter is a huge Lady Gaga fan (as am I), and we recently went to her mind-blowing concert. She signed an autograph for my daughter Sara, and I have to say, Lady Gaga is a gracious, creative soul. A smart woman with a kind heart, Gaga was really inspirational for this challenge and loved our dress. She even mentioned that she wanted one, which I think can definitely be arranged ;)  


Another unforgettable episode, I think even my favorite so far! I am so glad that you all tuned in. 'Til next week!!

Xo, 
Galina














1 comment:

  1. galina,

    so glad u and eric won the "wild card" challenge - well done - how are ur creative juices now 4 2010? - V.

    ReplyDelete