Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Casa of Orange County Charity Event Luncheon

As you know, in addition to designing my Single line, one of my other passions is devoting countless hours to the various charities that I care deeply about. One of these charity organizations that I haven't shared with you yet is Casa, an amazing charity that is based out of Orange County. I have supported Casa for years, as I genuinely believe that they are doing so much good in society and I wanted to help in any way that I could.

Court Appointed Special Advocates (Casa) is an organization that provides advocacy and a voice for foster children, many of whom may not be able to speak up for themselves. They provide training for community volunteers who wish to serve as advocates and mentors for severely abused, abandoned and neglected children.

This year's charity fundraiser luncheon was held at the Ritz Carlton in Laguna Niguel, and was attended by over 540 of Casa's supporters. I always get a warm feeling of satisfaction whenever I attend charity fundraisers - it makes me feel so good to see that so many others are devoting their time and energy to a cause that is so deserving and will benefit so many youngsters. The luncheon was a marvelous afternoon, a truly wonderful and unforgettable one. I donated two Single dresses for the silent auction, both of which sold and are going to help a child in need. Yay!

Michael Kors is another famous supporter of Casa, and the event featured a fashion show that showcased Mr. Kors' classic designs. My dear friend Deborah Keillor, a fashion stylist and one of the chairwomen of this event, looked ravishing in her black MK dress. Overall, the food was superb, the company was delightful, and the afternoon was a great success!

Following the luncheon, I headed back up the coast to LA for a celebration of a friend's birthday with dinner at the delicious restaurant Katsuya in Brentwood. In between spotting a few low-key celebrities casually dining on sake and sashimi, my beautiful Russian girlfriends and I enjoyed our celebratory evening and completely lost track of time... we stayed until midnight! Time flies when you're having fun, and what a fun day it was! Check out a few of the photos from the Casa event below, and one from dinner at Katsuya.

Xo,
Galina





1 comment:

  1. Wow! I forgot all about this. Off the blog record I am into charity in OC too and I wanted to go this year and I forgot all about it.

    Thanks for sharing the recap.

    Kindest regards,
    Tom Bailey

    ReplyDelete