Monday, January 18, 2010

LAUNCH MY LINE EPISODE 6 RECAP

Every week, it seems that the competition on "Launch My Line" is getting tougher and tougher! This week, our challenge was to create a distressed garment for the line, and although Eric and I were still so exhausted from the last challenge, we were also exhilarated and motivated from our win in the Lady Gaga challenge.

As we were last week's winners, we had the privilege of choosing one of the other designers to serve as the inspiration behind this week's challenge. Eric chose Patrick as the inspiration, which came really naturally seeing as Patrick is such a colorful character - we just adore him! For our look, we decided to go with a sexy, long and lean silhouette... just like Patrick! :)

Eric chose a blue-grey-silver fabric that was in our color palette, and went to work on distressing, destroying and disheveling it at the Denim Dye House. I really fell in love with this dress, from the almost mysterious color scheme to the slinky fit. We also added a leather menswear vest to the look, that we hammered and sanded to perfection. As another nod to Patrick's penchant for vibrant colors, we added a splash of bright red to the look, with the model's cherry red heels and bracelet. I also adored the model's smokey eye makeup in our look, it perfectly accentuated the cool hues of our fabric choice. This was totally on-trend with today's runway collections, as the tie dye trend has dominated the runway.


I was so happy and relieved to hear that Eric and I were safe... what a great feeling. This allowed us to take a breather and rest for a moment! I'm not sure if the audience realizes exactly how hard we are all working on the show, and how stressful each challenge (and its time constraints) is. But stressful in a good way! Everytime I watch a new episode the show, I find myself getting rather emotional, as memories of each challenge come flooding back to me. It's a mixture of tension and adrenaline that I can't shake off! Filming this series was really an unforgettable experience in every sense of the word. 'Til next time!

Xo,
Galina

Check out our design, Eric hard at work, and the judges panel below!




No comments:

Post a Comment