Saturday, January 29, 2011

Marika's Show at Gallery 825

One of my favorite things about living in LA is the assortment of cultural activities. I recently checked out a gallery opening and presentation of my friend Marika Krissman Tsircou's paintings, which was so lovely!

Simply stated, I adore Marika. She is a hugely talented artist, and this wonderful night was such a huge validation of her work. 3 of her large scale paintings were on display at this show at Gallery 825 - over 200 artists entered and over 500 pieces of art were submitted. Out of this 500, only 14 pieces were chosen and 3 of them were Marika's. Wow!! How exciting for her, you go girl!!!


The big news was also the fact that the show was judged and curated by the head curator of contemporary art at LACMA, Franklin Sirmans. He is one of the hottest curators on the West Coast right now, so prestigious. 


Here I am standing in front of one of Marika's amazing paintings, this one is my favorite!! I just love the shades of bright green, and the touches of coral in the spheres. Enjoy the photo, and visit Marika's official website here to check out more of  her work.


Love!
Xo, G



1 comment:

  1. Nice post there... Nice Gallery I just gone through a website where people can find Fashion Design Schools.if anyone Want to have career in Fashion Designing then get admission in one of the best Fashion Design Schools in California. Here you will get the whole details of the best Fashion Designing.

    ReplyDelete