Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Event of the Week: Tom Ford's Flagship Store Opening

Hello loves,

Last Thursday was such a magical evening... sometimes I feel like I'm living in a fashion fairy tale! I received an invitation to the Event of the Week, Tom Ford's Flagship Store Opening on Rodeo Drive. While most of Hollywood was abuzz about the upcoming Oscar ceremony, in my opinion Oscar night pales in comparison to the magnitude and glamour of TF!

It was quite an evening, I honestly felt like Alice in Wonderland for a moment... being transported into a glittering, glamorous, and elegant world that is simply known as Tom's World. 


The store is impeccable, sleek and chic. The talent that I met as I made my way up the glimmering steel-lined staircase was beyond words; here is a quick recap that reads as a "who's who" in Los Angeles!

Pulling up to the store, we were greeted by the gorgeous Russian top model Natalia Vodianova, who looked stunning in Tom Ford and a fabulous pair of brand new Tom Ford shoes. She was with her gorgeous, blonde son (he looked like an adorable cherub!). After chatting with Natalia for a bit, she invited us to her upcoming event in Paris - wow! - and then in we went to the main event. We bumped into Adrien Brody, looking very polished as usual. The entire first floor is all menswear (a paradise for dapper gentlemen) and amazingly stylish. After grabbing a glass of champagne, it was time to head upstairs to the womens floor. However, we stopped half-way up the stairs to stop and chat with none other than Colin Firth! I told him that I not only remembered him as the original Mr. Darcy but that he will absolutely win an Oscar on Sunday. Turned out, I was right! He is even more handsome in real life than on the screen, and ever so charming. I loved Colin's performance in last year's Tom Ford-directed film "A Single Man," so it's really nice that Colin came to show his support for Tom.

Once we made our way to the next floor, we found out that nearly every A-list actor was upstairs! We chatted with Eva Longoria - a huge fan of Single - for a while, and I reminded her of all the fabulous Single dresses she's helped us sell by wearing them so beautifully. Eva is just so lovely! Rosario Dawson was also there, looking stunning in black. Moving right along, we chatted with Kristin Davis from "Sex and the City," and then had tons of fun posing with the Tom Ford male models and talking about the potential of "Sex and the City 3." I must dress her!!


From there, we found ourselves in a quiet corner with the beautiful and immensely talented Gina Gershon, who told us that she has a Russian Jewish background :-) I had so much fun playing with Tom Ford's immaculate collection of crocodile bags alongside Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson... but wait, I'm not done yet! If me knees weren't already shaking enough, John Stamos shows up out of the blue, and my head started spinning!


The highlight of the night was of course meeting James Galanos, the "original" couturier of Hollywood, and without a doubt seeing Mr. Tom Ford himself once again. He is ever so gallant, charming, and the epitome of a gentleman. It was a special treat seeing all of Tom's legendary models, such as Amber Valletta and Tom's muse Karen Elson, the gorgeous red head (who plays guitar and sings, by the way!). Her Tom Ford dress was beyond words, it's $23,000!


Wow, what a night is all I can say. Enjoy the pictures below, my loves!


Xo, G



1 comment: