Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Peek Inside My Home!

Today I'm giving my friends and fans a sneak peek inside my home... think of it as a guided tour around my most personal space! 

Overlooking the Hollywood Hills, my home is a real reflection of both Michael and my personal taste as well as our flair for decoration. The inspiration for our home redo came from traveling as well as hotels like the W Hotel (which I love!), as well as trying to incorporate a loungey atmosphere. Our home has surround sound music as well as a large suite bedroom, a spa-style bathroom with his and hers areas. I honestly think that the secret to a happy marriage are his and hers bathrooms!! Ha!

I love mixing antiques from trips to London to create a warm environment as well as a color scheme of warm chocolates, neutral tones, and pops of color. The dining room has a red crocodile wall! We started with an Armani dining room table and just loved this piece, we acquired it when we redid the house. Armani Casa is unfortunately no longer located on Beverly Blvd, I miss that store! I have to say that the bathtub might just be my favorite spot in the house, but I also love the bedroom! There's only 6 of my bathtubs in the US - it's made in a factory that makes Ferraris. The spa area in my bathroom really relaxes me, I love starting or ending a day here burning a bunch of great candles :-)

Michael enjoys his Friday night "guys night" otherwise known as their sauna night!! It's so cool that we can both share in the luxury of the bathroom.

Our dining room is really unique in that it fits 18 people, with two benches (4 people can fit on each bench) making the space casual and not so formal. The Valerio chandelier in the dining room is from Minotti on Beverly Blvd, and is oval shaped to match the dining room table. Moving into the bedroom, we have these amazing Ankassa hand embroidered pillows and the rest of the room is custom Fendi Casa. Fendi Casa is located on Robertson Blvd across from Diva.  There's silk velvet drapes to create a lounge feel, and have a crocodile embossed bed with a chocolate suede headboard. Ambiance is a big thing for me, we always have candles burning. The nightstands are chocolate lizard... I love incorporating elements of the exotic!

All pieces in our house are a labor of love, luxury elements brought together in an eclectic way. I love recycling items to give them new life, too! Take a look at some photos from the home below and enjoy! 

Xo, G






3 comments: