Sunday, May 2, 2010

Very Valentino

Just a few days ago on April 30, I had the honor of attending a brunch held on the Neiman Marcus Design Floor celebrating the new Creative Directors to the legendary House of Valentino, Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pier Paolo Piccioli.

From one designer to another, I can admit that I was in awe of their beautiful creations. It was such an amazing day, and I am so excited that I am able to share all the details with you here on my blog! 

First, the elegant invitation arrived and let me tell you, this wasn't your typical invite! The invitation was in the form of - get this - a floral arrangement of white roses and lilacs that arrived at my door. Attached was a handwritten note requesting my presence at this fabulous event. How elegant! How wonderful! I love handwritten notes, they are so personal and so lovely. I wish more people sent these - it reminds me on an era of etiquette that was with us not long ago. The best part about the invitation was that my home smelled so sweet and wonderful for the week that followed, while I eagerly awaited the event.

On the day of the event, I headed to Neiman's anxious to see what the presentation would consist of. Let me tell you - the ambiance, the glamour, and most importantly, the clothes, were simply divine. The collection was beautiful, and it felt as if Valentino himself was with us.

The design team is amazing - this collection is so strong, it's an homage to couture with modern touches and designs for the romantic, modern woman. At the event, I placed an order for a killer pair of shoes... I can't wait to receive them!

Overall, the day was very exciting and very inspirational. My mind was flooded with fashionable thoughts and stylish daydreams! 

A new additional to Team Single, Leyla, joined me at the event and we both wore red Single dresses, naturally. This was an effort to pay tribute to Valentino and his favorite, signature color. There's just something so empowering and passionate about a woman in red, don't you think? After all, a red dress is called "Valentino Red" for a reason!

I couldn't resist and just had to try on a long red Valentino Ruffle Gown - check out the photo below! I felt like a princess, if only for a fleeting moment. And just then, my phone rang. The office was calling, and it was time to head back to work, back to the real world. Tonight, my dreams will be filled with visions of Valentino gowns and frothy, nude colored dresses trimmed with lace. Mark my words... this collection is going to be a smashing success! 

Cha-ching, I can hear the Neiman Marcus cash registers ringing already :)

Of course, I took tons of photos to share with you, and I hope you enjoy as much as I did!

'Til next time,
Xo, G


No comments:

Post a Comment