Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Judith Leiber Event at LACMA

Hello all,

Ever since joining The Fashion Council at LACMA, I can't say enough about all of the incredible events that are available to members and their guests. One such magical event that I attended on Wednesday was an afternoon with the legendary designer Judith Leiber. Yes, THE Judith Leiber!


Judith is an incredibly talented handbag designer, and for those of you who are unfamiliar with her work, take a look on the red carpet of practically every big time event or awards show.... there's bound to a fabulous Swarovski crystal encrusted Judith Leiber minaudiere in the hands of an A-List star.


Judith Leiber herself is an amazing woman. She's 90 years old, a Holocaust survivor, and a woman who is still incredibly in love and happily married to her husband Gus, who has been her biggest fan, supporter, and business partner throughout their fabulous journey together. Hearing her speak and being interviewed by Cameron Silver of Decades (who, by the way, is such a fantastic interviewer) was just mesmerizing! 


Women collect her bags as they would pieces of art, and it's easy to see why. They are whimsical, beautifully crafted, and brilliantly creative. I have a couple myself and I truly treasure them. Her life story truly touched me, and after the audio/visual presentation, we had a lovely lunch on the terrace where I got Judith's book (which she signed for me!). Take it from me, pick up a copy of her book and read it immediately, her life story is fascinating. 

What a lovely afternoon we had, all thanks to The Fashion Council! Take a peek at a few photos from Wednesday, including one of me and the legend herself, as well as some fun shots of celebrities posing with Judith's couture handbag creations below.


Love them, and love Judith. Her energy, grace, and style are seriously amazing!


Xo, G

No comments:

Post a Comment