Sunday, April 24, 2011

My Single Stain Glass Inspiration

Ever since Haley Reinhart performed "Call Me" on "American Idol" last week wearing Single's gorgeous Stain Glass Dress, I've received a ton of feedback about how fantastic she looked in the dress. I think this comes from her sexy confidence and artistic spirit, which worked together in creating this major Single moment.

When I designed the pattern for this glittering hand beaded number, I was inspired by the Chagall stain glass windows in Notre Dame, the famous church in Paris. I find that design inspiration comes to me in the most unexpected places, as I was mesmerized by the stain glass windows at Notre Dame and then discovered a beautiful, small piece of stain glass at a flea market in Paris four years ago. It's so amazing how such a small item becomes the muse for a beautiful dress that later lands on "American Idol"!


Xo, G

No comments:

Post a Comment